Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Running in the Snow.

Today's run was one that I won't forget for a while. I decided to wake up at 6:30 and go for a run in Mill Creek Park. I was going to leave my house at 7:20 and start running by 8AM as I was going to meet some fellow runners for a jog. I ended up leaving right on time and was out the door at 7:20. I looked outside and honestly thought, I don't think I can get my car out of the driveway. As I got my car out on the driveway, I kept sliding down the road. I thought to myself, "Only I would go out in this crap." I got up the street and noticed that none of the roads have been salted or plowed and thought to myself, this is going to be a crappy day and I can already feel it. I got to the Sheetz on Salt Springs Road and it took me roughly 20 minutes to get there, so I decided it's not worth it for a run down in Mill Creek Park. I ended up coming back to a father and a mother who questioned my every move, then I quickly took notice to how bad the run would have been in Mill Creek.

So I figured oh well there's plenty of other things I could do today, like pack for college since I have to do that still and leave tomorrow. I then noticed my dad suiting up for outside and decided that I should probably help him out too. I shoveled the driveways, all three of them and my dad used the snow blower. Seems as though he had the easier job...

As we got done with the driveways, my mom had already prepared us breakfast which were very good. Cinnamon Rolls and Tea are the perfect breakfast during the winter times and I wouldn't trade it for anything. After eating and doing absolutely nothing for two hours, I was talking to my sister, who was wishing that she could see her boyfriend today but since the roads were bad, he was unable to join. She then was asking how bad of snow we got, and then I decided, "Why not take the camera out for a run and show her how bad the roads are over here?" My parents also thought it was a good idea.

Here are the pictures from today's Run:





1 comment:

  1. Nice job getting out there too. I love going out on days like that just b/c I know no one else is. Awesome to see you're blogging now too!

    ReplyDelete