Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

One for the Thumb?

Pittsburgh (A city whose sports teams still remain unliked in my eyes), has a slogan for their city. Theirs is the "City of Bridges" and the Pittsburgh Marathon this past Sunday, had a slogan titled "Run the City of Bridges". This was a great race put on by the Pittsburgh area volunteers, one that was memorable, hilly, and yet unforgetable to me. However, slogans for the city can mean one thing, but their sports teams, say a different one. Theirs represents the "One for the Thumb" Slogan. I thoroughly enjoyed this slogan for about 3 hours 40 minutes and 43 seconds. This was my fifth marathon, so I could safely say it was my "One for the Thumb!"

This past weekend was really great. I got to see old friends that I haven't seen in a while, including my friend from Girard, Evan DeChant. He was a great support for me and let me stay at his place at Duquense (I can't spell it, I give up). It was a great time, and he was on the 20th floor. Luckily, there was an elevator, so post race didn't seem that bad. Nice views of the Pittsburgh Skyline topped off the weekend.

The weekend however, didn't start with the Marathon and Pre-race activites. It actually started when my twin sister was graduating from Seton Hill University in Greensburgh, Pennsylvania. Props to her! She did wonderful this year and I am so proud of her accomplishments over four years. I know she will do well in the future as an Accountant.

The marathon, was a really nice course, hilly but nice. I enjoy running hills anytime there is time to do so. This course though, had the most amount of hills that I have run in a good amount of time, yes it seemed there were more hills on this Marathon Course than the Cuyahoga Valley National Park has on it, well atleast the routes I take. Either way, it was enjoyable for me.

Time to consider if I want to keep doing Marathons, or if I want to push ahead with another 50k. I will take some time to decide, but maybe I will do both. Who knows at this point.

1 comment:

  1. You should run Laurel Highlands 50K on June 11th and experience some even bigger hills. I'm going to sign up pretty soon, Jamie might do it also, and Brian's doing the 77 mile race.

    ReplyDelete