Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How's it Going to be?

How's it going to be when you don't know me anymore?

In less than 4 days I will be graduating from Mount Union. It's going to be weird, and constantly I ask myself, how's it going to be? I feel that nothing will change, except for having a job and living at home instead of packing up for school. I enjoy being here to the fullest, every day is a new venture for me and that's something that I will miss, but I leave a lot of memories here. Here are some of them:

My first day on campus. The day was 95 degrees and 100% humidity. Mind you, this is a freshman dorm which has no air conditioning. We all went outside to cool down. This day was the first that I told myself, in four years I will be graduating, and there wasn't anything that was going to stop me. This was also the time I thought to myself, there was one individual in particular that told me that I wouldn't last at Mount Union. I looked him in the eye and said that I will graduate from that College (now University). I told him that I would become an Education Major and wouldn't come back to Youngstown State. Guess what, it's almost time to walk down the line for Commencement. Told ya so.

Meeting Sarah in the First Year Experience Program. She was amazing at the time, and she still is. She is always there for me when I need it, and I truly love her for that. She is also a very supportive girlfriend. One that I could always count on for anything. Also, she is a wonderful listener, which in my mind is a great quality for me. I love her and would do anything for her.

My first marathon. I ran this with my good friend, Thomas McKenzie. He is a very good sport. I had met Thomas during my first year, in the First Year Experience Program at Mount Union. I enjoyed this time greatly because I got to meet a lot of different individuals with a lot of different perspectives. It was also this time that I got to meet my future girlfriend (at the time, and now currently is my girlfriend). Anyway, I told Tommy that I wanted to do a Marathon, since I dropped out of Collegiate Athletics. He looked at me in the eye and laughed when I said I wanted to do it. Then, I asked him to go for a run. That run changed him and I for the future. We both completed that Marathon, and have traveled to Houston, Cleveland, Columbus and now heading to Pittsburgh. Men of Machines! I also talked to numerous guys on the floor that year and told them that I was going to do a Marathon in May of my Freshman year, they all laughed and said I wouldn't be able to do it because my legs would give out before then. Guess what, it's now my fifth marathon in less than two weeks. Legs keep pumping. Told ya so.

Joining Alpha Phi Omega, National Science Teachers of America, Student National Education Association, Mount Union Residence Life, and many others. This was a really good experience for me and each one has helped me shape who I am today. I thank all individuals who helped me get there and always push myself to do my best.

I also wanted to point out my 50k. This race alone has showed me that my body needs to be pushed to the limit and that's what I enjoy doing. It is a fairly good time to think about whatever you may need to do. I really enjoy this because I am able to solve situations in my head when I run and also think about upcoming events that I just need time away to think about. My goal is to do this race again this upcoming year, but I want to mainly focus on a job and all the finances that come with it. I will do this race again.

It's almost time to say goodbye to my second home. I enjoyed every moment you gave me Mount. You have always been there for support and also for the many hassles going into my senior year, but I am almost done and there isn't anything else that I need to do before Saturday.

Graduating. Moments last for a lifetime, and these are no different. So it's in our interest to live them to the fullest and never take life for granted.

Challenge yourself, prove others wrong, because one day they will look you in the eye and say I knew you could do it and you can successfully respond, told ya so.

No comments:

Post a Comment